Saturday 2 February 2008

Winter Flotsam; Finished Painting

Winter Flotsam; Finished Painting
FOR SALE
Contact me at;alandltn@gmail.com

Common Gull (field sketch)

Coot

Tufted Duck

This painting was something of a large step forward for me. it started with the Common Gull sketch, the bird slowly floated past me on a large piece of ice. I then decided to add the Coot, that led to problems with the composition, so I returned to the scene and sketched Tufted Ducks to add to the picture. In the end it all worked out and I am really happy with this one, one of my own favourites, I can say that I'm rarely satisfied with my own work for long...
Acrylic on Canvas; 60cmx40cm

1 comment:

John M. Mora said...

Your work is just marvelous - I am a "reformed" birder living outside New York City - have seen a number of tufted ducks here are rare vagrants.

I miss birding so much. Havbe tghree kids - 12, 8 and 7 and have little time to bird.